Olympic Women’s Alpine Skiing Results 2018: Mikaela Shiffrin Wins Giant Slalom
15 February 2018
American Mikaela Shiffrin wins the Giant Slalom in South Korea!!!
This is four years after Shiffrin won her first gold medal in the women’s slalom in the previous Winter Games. The 22-year-old simply seems unstoppable in this event.
Four years after Shiffrin burst on the scene with a gold medal in the women’s slalom, the 22-year-old American blitzed the competition Thursday and opened her stay at the 2018 Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang, South Korea, with a masterful winning run in the giant slalom final. Here are the final times from the Official Olympics Website:
- Gold: Mikaela Shiffrin (United States) – 2 minutes, 20.02 seconds
- Silver: Ragnhild Mowinckel (Norway) +0.39 seconds
- Bronze: Federica Brignone (Italy) +0.46 seconds
- 4: Viktoria Rebensburg (Germany) + 0.58 seconds
- 5: Marta Bassino (Italy) +0.67 seconds
Shiffrin’s Gold medal is only 1 of 5 so far as the USA is 5th in the overall standings behind more “Winter Sport” Friendly countries like Canada, Norway, and the Netherlands.
In closing, the next Summer Olympics are scheduled to be held in Tokyo, Japan in 2020.
– BK out
#Olympics #Slalom #shiffrin